We invite you to join us as we educate our community on our mission, celebrate the Air Force's 70th Birthday, and interact with the men and women who make our mission possible!
We'll be providing updates regularly, so please remember to check back in and follow-up as we near closer and closer to October 14, 2017!
1. Despite California laws, the federal government considers marijuana to be a Schedule I drug; meaning it is illegal for military members AND civilians to use, possess, distribute, manufacture or introduce cannabis in any form. Punishment on a federal installation is severe and if cannabis is found on any persons, individuals will be subject to court procedures, base debarment, or other disciplinary action.
2. Possession of weapons - to include privately owned firearms (concealed or otherwise) - is strictly prohibited. Weapons include firearms, knives with blades longer than 5 1/2 inches, self-defense agents - such as pepper spray and stun guns - martial arts weapons and various devices capable of firing projectiles - such as paintball guns, bows and arrows, BB guns, blow guns, slingshots, blank cartridge pistols, straight razors, etc. If found, they will be confiscated in accordance with federal laws and regulations and individuals will be subject to court procedures, base debarment, or other disciplinary action.
3. To reduce street/parking congestion, limit impact to operational installation facilities, and to safeguard increased pedestrian traffic, carpooling is highly encouraged. Off base parking with shuttle service will be available.
4. The 144th Fighter Wing is committed to the safety of all individuals while on the installation. Help us by abiding by all posted traffic signs, posted or audible instructions/announcements, and by the lawful guidance of event officials who will be posted throughout the event area. In addition, remaining within the controlled are is mandatory and strictly enforced by authorized 144th Fighter Wing personnel.
5. All attendees will be searched prior to entering the Open House event area by 144th Security Forces personnel. Searches are in accordance with federal laws and regulations and intended to prevent introduction of weapons and other contraband into the area in order to protect and preserve lives and resources (government or otherwise).
6. Authorized items include strollers, diaper bags, medical aids (wheelchairs, oxygen tanks, canes, walkers, etc.), purses, backpacks, camera's and camera bags. These items must be utilized for their intended purpose and not otherwise altered in any way to serve an alternative purpose. As this is not an all-inclusive list, items subject to acceptance or confiscation is at the discretion of the 144th Security Forces commander.
The 2017 Open House is set to occur on October 14, 2017, from 11:00 a.m.* to 3:00 p.m. It is free and open to the public.
There will be displays to include aircraft, military weapons, a car show, and
plenty of food and live music.
*Special guests to include select community leaders, media and those with special needs will be provided access beginning at 10:00 a.m. Please contact public affairs for additional information; 559-454-5246.