An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


Questions If your question relates specifically to the 144th Fighter Wing, please see the questions below. If you have a question which is not addressed here, you may find the answer by visiting the Questions page of Air National Guard, or the Questions page of Air Force Link. For general military questions, please refer to the Department of Defense's FAQs page.


Collapse All Expand All

How do I find out what will be expected of me at basic training?

For information on basic military training held at Lackland AFB base, visit their Web site at:

What are my benefits as a Reservist/National Guardsman?

For information on Reservist benefits, contact the Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center at 1-800-525-0102, visit their Web site at:

How can I contact military personnel?
The Air Force can locate active duty personnel, as well as retirees, reservists and guardsmen. This information is not available for those who have separated from the Air Force or are Army Air Corps retirees. Information on individuals stationed overseas or in a sensitive position will not be released. However, the locator service will forward mail to that person for up to 90 days, as long as the correct postage is on the envelope and any required fee has been paid. Parents, spouses, and government officials may call (210) 565-2660. If you need to contact a military member for emergency purposes, please call your local Red Cross chapter. Use operator assistance if necessary, or you may also find your local Red Cross chapter telephone number by visiting, clicking on "Your local Red Cross" and entering your zip code. For locator service write to:

Air Force Worldwide Locator /AFPC /MSIMDL
550 C Street West Suite 50
Randolph AFB TX 78150-4752

I have questions about the Air National Guard or the National Guard Bureau. How do I get answers?

National Guard Almanac (30th Ed, 2004), Copies can be purchased for $8.50 + $3.50 shipping. Contact: UNIFORMED SERVICES ALMANAC, INC., P.O. Box 4144-Z, Falls Church, VA 22044-0144. Phone: 703-532-1631.

How do I join the Air National Guard?

The first step in joining the Air National Guard is to talk to a Recruiter. Our recruiters have a web site at or call them at 1-800-ToGoANG (1-800-864-6264). Click on the "Careers" link ( to select the area you are interested in from the map or select the career category on the drop-down menu. The units in that area will be listed. Select the unit you are interested in. The recruiter contact information will be listed. You can also chat with a recruiter live by clicking on the 'Chat' button.

I would like to sell a product/service to the Air National Guard?

Under the Federal Acquisition Regulations, any contracting opportunities/projects that the National Guard undertakes are solicited via normal contracting procedures, including approval from the Acquisition Planning Board.

For your convenience, to find out about contracting opportunities with the National Guard, log on to the Commerce Business Daily web site at: All solicitations on behalf of the Guard can be found on that site.

How can I get a new ID?

The process of obtaining ID cards has changed on 25 Sep 2008. The following information specifies what is required for a retired member to obtain a new ID card.
Call (559)454-5274 to make an appointment to get your new ID Card. 

Members are encouraged to bring their retirement order, NGB 22 if possible along with the mandatory two forms of ID identified below. 

Effective 25 Sep 2008, DOD's Department of Defense Manpower Data Center has mandated that all personnel bring issued common access cards (CAC) and other identification cards, including dependents (age 18 and older), and retirees must present two forms of identification. At least on of the two forms of ID must have a photograph and be from "Group A" (below). The computer software used to produce ID cards is sequence-based and requires two forms of ID to be scanned before it will proceed to the next sequence to issue a new card.

Acceptable forms of ID are:

Group A (picture)
Military dependent ID
Valid documentation from Immigration and Naturalization Service office with photo
Driver's license or ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities (including photo)
U.S. Passport
U.S. Coast Guard, Merchant Mariner card
School ID with photo
Sponsor DOD ID card
Immigration Naturalization Service Card

Group B (non-picture)
Certificate of citizenship or naturalization
Foreign Passport
Voter Registration Card
U.S. Social Security Card
Certification of Birth Abroad
Unexpired refugee travel document
Original or certified copy of a Birth Certificate
Native American Tribal document
Daycare or nursery school record
Clinic, doctor or hospital record
School record or report card
Canadian Driver's License
Foreign National ID with photo 

Appointments are available:
Tuesdays and Thursdays for non-base personnel.
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for base  personnel.
Questions regarding ID cards can be directed to: SSgt Avina at (559)454-5274

How do I find out about job vacancies in the Air National Guard?

Vacancies at the State level are advertised by that state. Visit the ANG Units page for a listing of state web sites. Advertisements can normally be found from the State Headquarters web site within their Human Resources Office (HRO) section. Questions regarding state web sites should be directed to that state.

Vacancies can be found in the Careers section of the Air National Guard's recruiter web site at

Military vacancies for the offices servicing the Director of the Air National Guard and State militia can be found in the Careers section of this web site. Civilian vacancies can be found on the Air Force Personnel Center's web site. The majority of these vacancies are located in the Washington District of Columbia metropolitan area.

How can I obtain copies of my military records?

Individual military departments, including the Air Force do not maintain files or records pertaining to individuals no longer on active duty. When an individual is separated from military service (because of retirement, discharge from active duty, or death), his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center (Military). The Records Center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) of the United States Government.

An individual's complete service record is available to the former service member or, if deceased, to his/her next of kin (parents, spouse, or children). Limited information (such as dates of service, awards, and training) is available to anyone. Not available to the general public is information which would invade an individual's privacy; for example, medical records, Social Security number, or present address.

If requesting the records of a relative, a requester should mention the relationship to the former member (brother, uncle, or other). There is no charge for this service to former service members or their next of kin. For others, a nominal fee is charged for research and reproduction costs. Files at the Records Center are maintained as historical records only and are not updated to reflect current data on the former service member. The address for the National Personnel Records Center is:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Blvd
St. Louis MO 63132
Phone: 314-801-0800 or 1-866-272-6272 (1-86-NARA-NARA)

For individuals compiling family histories, NARA provides assistance to those interested in genealogy. NARA normally charges a nominal fee for research and reproduction costs. Their address is:

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
8th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20408

How do I talk with an Online Recruiting Chat Operator?

The Air National Guard's recruitment web site ( features Online Chat Operators who can assist you with any questions you may have for ANG. ANG chat operators are available Monday thru Thursday, 11:00am-10:00pm EST and Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST . Click on "Chat" in the menu options to access (