Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
*The 144FW will be holding a UPT board on May 14-15 2022 drill
*UPT Application Packages will be accepted starting 1 January 2022 and are due by 1 Apr 2022
*Interviews will be via zoom or in person, notifications will occur approximately two weeks prior.
To visit please contact the 194th Fighter Squadron at: firstname.lastname@example.org to visit during February 5-6 and March 5-6 Drill.
UPT Selection Requirements:
Applications will consist of (at a minimum) a formal letter addressed to the 194th Fighter Squadron/CC, Lt. Col. Jon Vanbragt. This letter must specify the position desired and outline the individual's qualifications for the position. It will include (in the order listed below) the following attachments:
1.AF Form 24, Application for Appointment as a Reserve of the Air Force, or USAF Without Component.
2. Must have a Bachelor's degree from a 4 year accredited college. Provide copies of consolidated college transcripts and diploma(s). A certified copy of transcripts mailed directly to us will be required if selected.
3. AFOQT scores showing you meet the minimum qualifications set by this unit. Minimum scores are:
Verb: 15 Quant: 10 Pilot: 25 Nav: 10 Total (both Pilot and Nav scores together): 50
4. PCSM scores if available.
5. Resume. Include civilian and military experience. Applicants are cautioned to make this as comprehensive as possible. The resume is heavily weighed by the appointing authority and is used to assist in determining overall eligibility. Any "padding" of resume, if discovered, will be grounds for immediate disqualification.
6. Letters of recommendation from responsible associates (Military and Civilian), Ministers, Teachers, etc., attesting to the character, integrity and aptitude of the applicant. A minimum of three letters is required and should be addressed to the 194th Fighter Squadron/CC, Lt. Col. Jon Vanbragt.
7. If prior service or currently in service, service documents are required, i.e. DD 214, last two EPRs or OPRs, AF Form 1288 or DD Form 368
8. Current Photo
The primary and preferred method for submitting an application will be via Email, which must be in a single consolidated PDF file less than 8mb in size and sent to the following UPT board Email address: email@example.com
All applications must be received by the posted deadline in order to be considered. If you are unable to submit your application electronically, it may be mailed (with prior coordination) to: 194 FS/Pilot Board Manager, 5323 E. McKinley Ave., Fresno, CA 93727-2199 no later than the posted deadline. Applicants selected for an interview will be scheduled to appear before a board and selection will be made after all interviews have been completed.
Visiting the base and meeting members is encouraged. Contact the 194th Fighter Squadron at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The selected candidate will be scheduled for a flight physical at the 144th Fighter Wing Medical Clinic the first drill after selection is made.
Candidates 33 years of age or older at the time of the board cannot be considered.
A search on the web for "UPT website research" will reveal the following:
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the volume of applications we receive we will not be able to return all or part of any packages. Please keep your original documents and send in copies.
THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE WING COMMANDER. IF CHANGED, YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL.
The following individuals have been selected for an interview: